GentleLASE PRO DI Water Temperature Calibration Procedure
WARNING – SHOCK HAZARD!!!
The high voltage capacitor in the GentleLASE PRO laser retains LETHAL voltages and must be safely discharged, before working near the laser head or inside the HV section for any reason. This procedure must be performed only by those technicians who are familiar with the precautions required when working with high voltage specific to the GL PRO laser system, and those who have been trained on the GL PRO laser system and its particular hazards.
Residual voltages require stick discharging if access to the head or high voltage sections are necessary. This must be done using the discharge stick located in the HV section. Discharge all 3 capacitor terminals for several seconds each. Verify that the capacitor is discharged below 25 VDC using a DVM and a high voltage probe.
DI WATER TEMPERATURE CALIBRATION PROCEDURE:
- Turn laser on, allow for normal warm up. Enter MM, and select Toggle screen.
- Place the water temperature Thermocouple probe into the middle of the water reservoir.
- Press the Auto/Manual button to select “Manual” and ensure Heater is “OFF”, Fan 1 is “OFF”, Fan 2 is “OFF” and Pump is “ON”. Wait 1 minute for the temperature to stabilize.
- Verify that the DI water temperature on the Toggle screen is greater that 60 degrees C then press the “Temp Cal” button and enter the DVM reading from the thermocouple probe onto the key pad to calibrate the DI temperature. Allow the system to stabilize for 1 minute and then verify the DI water temperature readings displayed on the Toggle screen and the Thermocouple is within +/- 1 degree C.
- Press the Fan 1 button and enter 100% in the keypad and notice Fan 1 turns on at full strength (100%) and blows air “out” from the back of the laser. Then select Fan 1 again and enter 0% and Fan 1 should stop. Press Fan 2 and enter 100% making sure the air flow is blowing “out” from the back of the laser and Fan 2 should run at full strength (100%). Enter 0% and Fan 2 should stop. You should notice the water temperature in both cases will drop by 2 – 3 degrees while the fans are running at 100%. This is normal.
- Press the Auto/Manual button to select “Auto” and after 2 minutes verify the water temperature has stabilized and again measures between 63 – 65 degrees C.