GentleLASE PRO Calport Calibration Procedure
WARNING – SHOCK HAZARD!!!
The high voltage capacitor in the GentleLASE PRO laser retains LETHAL voltages and must be safely discharged, before working near the laser head or inside the HV section for any reason. This procedure must be performed only by those technicians who are familiar with the precautions required when working with high voltage specific to the GL PRO laser system, and those who have been trained on the GL PRO laser system and its particular hazards.
Residual voltages require stick discharging if access to the head or high voltage sections are necessary. This must be done using the discharge stick located in the HV section. Discharge all 3 capacitor terminals for several seconds each. Verify that the capacitor is discharged below 25 VDC using a DVM and a high voltage probe.
WARNING – LASER LIGHT!!!
During this procedure it is possible that the laser may perform a bleeder pulse, emitting laser radiation. Therefore safety eyewear must be worn at all times during these procedures. The eyewear must have an optical density of ≥ 5.8 at 745 – 765 NM for the Alex Head.
CALPORT CALIBRATION PROCEDURE:
- Put on safety eyewear and leave eyewear on throughout any part of this procedure when the laser system is turned on.
- Record all “Before” data on the Performance and Usage Data Sheet. NOTE: The aiming beam spot size must be between 1” and 1.5” diameter on the meter hear to prevent possible damage to meter head.
- Turn the laser “ON” wait for normal warm up to complete and remain in User Mode.
- Install the 6/8/10 Slider Attachment, set parameters to 6MM spot size, 35J/cm2 fluence, 20ms PW, 2Hz, DCD spray to zero (OFF) and calibrate. Press and release the tool button, press LVM button, then press the “Reset” button and verify that all statistics go to zero.
- Go back to the main menu screen and enter “Ready” or you can enter the FSE code to allow you to enable Ready in all screens. Press and hold the tool button on the main screen, as in entering MM, but type in the code FE6645 press enter, you should see the pop up screen that states “This will enable Ready in all screens”, and it explains how to cancel out of Ready enable in all screens. You can cancel this by either going back into the MM keypad and re-enter the FE6645, or by shutting off the laser.
- Pulse the laser three times into the Calport, go to LVM screen (if not already) and record the average of three transmissions. If TX = <83%, clean/replace HP holder window, slider attachment window, slider attachment window, slider attachment, or replace the fiber, and repeat to verify transmission is ≥83%. It may be necessary to perform the steps in the Troubleshooting Guide 8503-01-0928 to isolate and correct the low transmission.
- Press the reset button and verify statistics go to zero, Enter “Ready” and aim the handpiece at the Ophir meter head keeping the HP the proper distance away (see NOTE above), and pulse three times recording each of the Ophir energy readings and record the average (mean) head energy. The calculate the average transmission.
- Subtract the above transmission from the transmission in step 6 and record difference. It must be less than +/-5.0%.
- Remove the 6/8/10 slider attachment and install the 12/15/18 slider attachment, set the following parameters, 15MM spot size, PW to 20ms, 2 Hz, and 30 J/cm2, DCD spray to zero (OFF) and calibrate. Press and release the tool button, enter LVM screen, press the “Reset” button and verify the statistics go to zero.
- Enter “Ready” and pulse the laser three times into the Calport, on the LVM screen record the average of the three transmissions. If TX = <83%, clean/replace slider attachment window or slider attachment and repeat to verify transmission is ≥83%.
- Press the reset button and verify statsitics go to zero, Enter “Ready” and aim the handpiece at the Ophir meter head keeping the proper distance away (see NOTE above), and pulse three times, recording the Ophir energy readings and the average (mean) head energy. Then calculate the average transmission.
- Subtract the above transmission from the transmission in step 10 and record the difference. It must be less than +/-5.0%.
- If still not +/-5.0% then perform Internal Circuit Calibration Procedure 8501-01-0923, and perform steps 6 – 12 again to verify less than +/-5.0% using both Slider Attachments, 6/8/10 and 12/15/18.
- Record all “After” data on the Performance and Usage Data Sheet.